When connecting to a vCenter Server Appliance using the Web Client this error is shown:
Failed to connect to VMware Lookup Servicehttps://vCVA_IP_address:7444/lookupservice/sdk – SSL certificate verification failed.
If the SSO SSL certificate failed, the network identification for the vCenter Server Appliance has changed (IP address change), but the SSO SSL certificate has not been updated to match it.
To resolve this issue, toggle the certificate settings.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Web interface at https://hostname:5480/.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Regenerate certificates:
- vCenter Server 5.1: Select Toggle certificate setting so that the Certificate regeneration enabled displays Yes.
- vCenter Server 5.5: Select Yes under Certificate regeneration enabled.
- Click Submit.
- Reboot the vCenter Server Appliance.
- After the vCenter Server Appliance reboots, confirm that the Certificate regeneration enabled option is set to disabled.
Further information can be found in the VMware knowledge base article: 2033338